It is a requirement of Social Care Wales that an individual working within health and social care will need both the Core and the Practice qualification to work within specific job roles.
The Level 2 Health and Social Care: Core qualification enables learners to develop knowledge and understanding:
- of the core Principles and Values which underpin Health and Social Care practice
- of ways of working in Health and Social Care
- which informs effective practice within Health and Social Care
- to support progression on to further study within Health and Social Care.
The Core qualification is the same for both level 2 and level 3.
The Level 3 Health and Social Care: Practice qualification develops the ability of learners to practically support health and social care needs of adults in a range of settings. The content of the qualification consolidates knowledge gained through the attainment of the level 2 Health and Social Care: Core qualification. It will enable learners to develop and demonstrate their knowledge, understanding, behaviours, skills and practice within a health and social care setting. In particular learners will be able to demonstrate that they:
- understand, and apply in practice, the principles and values which underpin health and social care
- understand, and apply in practice, person-centred approaches
- make a positive contribution to the health and social care sector through their own practice
- reflect on practice to continuously improve
- understand job roles and ways of working within the health and social care sector
- use literacy, numeracy and digital competency skills as appropriate within their role.